- About Us
- Lightweight Concrete
- Concrete Block Aggregate
- Lightweight Backfill
- Horticulture Pumice
- Transportation Services
- Contact Us
LITE-ROCK is a natural lightweight volcanic pumice soil amendment. The pumice is chemically inert, high-silica rock with a neutral pH, and contains millions of interconnecting spherical voids. This porosity give LITE-ROCK an extremely high capacity for water absorption, an equally high rate of water retention, and the ability to release moisture back to the plant. The high-silica content gives LITE-ROCK durability which eliminates the need for reapplication when recycling your potting mix:
- Horticultural pumice improves porosity and aeration.
- Optimizes absorption, retention, and exudation.
- Absorbs moisture, air and nutrients to promote root growth.
- Lightens heavy soils and increases retention in light and sandy soils.
- Functions continuously and permanently, will not break down by cultivation.
- Regulates feeding by prolonging the availability of any given amount of fertilizer.
- Retains neutralizers to more permanently rectify acid or alkaline soil conditions.
- Realizes advantages with as little as 10% addition.
- Enhances drought tolerance.
- Ideal for Hydroponics.